Furniture making Fridays
Held in the handshop at The Wood Place premises, 10-4 pm on most Fridays, by appointment, tutored by cabinetmaker Patrick Baxter
- Supervised by Patrick Baxter, who will give on average an hour’s tuition, supervision or machining services. A couple of hours may be possible in one session to start you off on a project, if possible, or when there are not too many other students in.
- You will have the use of a workbench and space in the handshop plus all the woodworking hand tools there, although you are encouraged to bring your own.
- Tea & coffee making facilities and a basic kitchen are provided. You can bring your own food to eat or prepare.
Students should choose projects of a small or modest size that can be undertaken on a workbench. Some other shared assembly tables will be available. Chairs, coffee tables, chests, boxes, small bookcases etc but not dining tables, kitchen worktops, beds etc, unless special permission has been given and extra charges agreed for extra space, if it is available. Patrick may be working on his own large scale furniture projects. You are expected to take your wood / furniture away at the end of each session.
Tuition and guidance can be given on
- Traditional furniture making / cabinet making
- Design elements in addition to construction
- Traditional antique furniture restoration