***FESTIVE PERIOD DELAYS – WE WILL BE CLOSED from Sunday 19th December to Friday 7th Jan 2022 inclusive. We dont expect to do more than pick web orders and possibly package some of the simpler items ready for dispatch during that period. Please add extra time to the stated delivery windows on the product descriptions to allow for this.
a) DELIVERY TIMES :
We will state the estimated delivery time window for UK mainland standard postcodes near the top of the product description for each product for all newly listed products.
Typically this will be:
1 week for simple to box and send goods. Thurs/Fri orders take the longest.
1-2 weeks for goods that are a bit more problematic to wrap/box or find a courier for.
2-4 weeks for the big, awkward tabletop slabs or fragile items that need very special couriers or which we deliver personally, and /or extra special packaging / crating etc. However allow about 6 weeks during or either side of busy periods / holidays etc, in addition to the holiday period itself.
We are increasingly at the mercy of the UK courier industry and unable to give guarantees, just guidelines which are updated constantly based on current experience. If you are not happy with the time frames, you are most welcome to come and get it yourself or arrange your own courier.
What about tracking?
please contact us if you would like a more exact time window – but our shipping options are limited due to the size of most products’ packages being more than 1m long, and usually overweight. Unfortunately the modern attractive delivery info & windows are not available from the couriers on these sizes and weights. However, we will do our best to estimate as closely as possible the delivery day / window. Moreover, we may sometimes be able to forward courier tracking info after booking and collection has taken place.
b) COLLECTING YOUR OWN GOODS / COLLECT IN STORE
We welcome CLICK & COLLECT from the Lanarkshire store (ML11 8LL) within 10 days – select this option at checkout. NO CHARGE for buyer collections only. Please bring a copy of your receipt/invoice as proof of purchase when you collect – can be on your phone etc.
Do I need to make an appointment?
We are very keen to encourage customers to collect their own goods that they have ordered online. You don’t need to make an appointment, just turn up during the listed store opening hours on the Home Page. If totally unsuitable, please make an appointment for another time. Contact us by email preferably, or via Patrick’s mobile number / whatsapp, which is at the bottom of your invoice / receipt, generated after you have placed an order. We are happy to accommodate collections out of hours.
How long will you store goods for?
We are happy to keep goods for up to approx 10 working days / a fortnight; if it is likely to be any longer, please make special arrangements with us. We may need to charge a small fee if you want us to store boards for a lot longer.
Will someone help load the goods?
We will assist with loading, especially heavy boards. We can usually supply some scrap cardboard or plastic to help with protection of your board in your vehicle.
Can I send a courier?
Yes, but beware!
YOUR GOODS WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED BY US IF TRAVELLING VIA YOUR COURIER: bear in mind our shipping cost includes our 100% money back or product replacement guarantee should anything go wrong with any delivery arranged by ourselves. If you arrange the transportation and the goods get damaged or lost in transit, we are not liable.
You may be unaware of the type of packaging that we will need to provide, at some cost, to ensure the goods travel safely with your courier. We have decades of experience in shipping thousands of wood shipments, so are best placed to know what is required. In these instances we may be charging for packaging. Contact us for advice.
c) SIGNING FOR GOODS ETC :
Do I need to sign for the goods?
Yes, in most cases.
What about time slot or no-signature options by the courier?
Most of our goods are of a size that do not come with those options but you will be contacted if it is available – generally only extra large slabs of tabletop size or very small offcuts / boxes under 60cm long.
Not going to be at home? please try one of the following:
- put an alternative delivery address in the delivery section at checkout or in the notes section.
- you can also give us a where to leave goods if out instruction.
- Saturday deliveries are frequently available for an extra £20. Contact us for availability before ordering.
You will receive an email from us the day the goods are dispatched to say they are on their way. We send out most goods on overnight courier next day service so usually you will receive goods the day after the dispatch email. If it is a busy period or you are quite remote it is usually 2 days. Usually you will receive some additional info from the courier. most couriers will text you on the morning of delivery. However, at very busy times that doesn’t guarantee delivery that day.
d) OVERSIZE BOARDS – Large Boards of 295cm or longer, or 30KG and over
take longer to be packaged, uplifted and delivered, so expect approx a 2 to 4 week delivery time.
Unloading: Some couriers may want assistance with heavy boards, if they allow it. Some will deliver to kerbside only on a pallet and not into your house etc. If we deliver personally we will also only bring the board as close as our delivery vehicle can get to your door so you will need extra hands to take into a building.
Very heavy / large slabs for dining tables etc are now normally delivered by 2 man with van service and they will carry the item into a building, within reason.
We will contact you asap after ordering for confirmation of these details. Feel free to enquire before ordering.
We may cut longer boards shorter for you to fit a lower category. In extreme length or weight instances this may allow for a reduction in the shipping charges, on request.
e) Holidays / delays:
SEE THE LANARKSHIRE STORE PAGE FOR FORTHCOMING HOLIDAYS which may result in delays to dispatch and delivery times. (usually school holidays)
FURTHER DELIVERY INFORMATION:
DELIVERY ZONE STRUCTURE & RESTRICTIONS
ZONE A – Standard Charges UK mainland (excluding Islands etc see below) :
- Each product will show the delivery cost in the description field details
ZONE B – all UK Islands + Northern Ireland + Isle of Man+ Scottish Highlands with the following postcodes:
* IV – all postcodes
* HS – all postcodes
* KW – all postcodes
* KA 27-28
* PA 20-49, PA 60-78
* PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50
* ZE – all postcodes
* BT -all postcodes
SAME PRICE AS REST OF UK for small sizes BUT WITH SOME SIZE RESTRICTIONS for the larger boards – SEE BELOW
- Each product will show the delivery cost in the description field details (current at time of listing, put in shopping basket to confirm).
- zone B SIZE RESTRICTIONS – PLEASE NOTE ALL STANDARD COURIERS HAVE SEVERE SIZE LIMITS ON PARCELS TO THESE AREAS – usually 1.2m or 1.5m so be aware that we may have to ask you if we can cut big boards for shipping or apply a surcharge to deliver entire, if that option is available. Please select as short lengths as possible or email us with cutting to length (free of charge) instructions after ordering. Full refunds are available immediately if you are not happy with having to have boards cut or a surcharge levied. If you have a friendly island courier you can send or recommend and so negate cutting shorter, we are happy to work with you, but we will have to collaborate to ensure packaging requirements and handling standards are adhered to.
GENERAL NOTES :
- Holidays : If delivery time is likely to be longer (during holiday periods) you will be informed before goods are dispatched. Second half of July and Christmas / Hogmanay fortnight are usual holiday periods. We will post notifications on the Delivery Page and news pages.
- Package weight : No maximum total consignment weight, but each package will usually be a maximum of approx 30kgs. We can ship individual boards weighing around 40kg but you may need 2 persons to lift a package weighing over 25 kg. Very Oversize parcels can be delivered by our special handling service with a delivery time of approx 10 working days.
- Timed/ delayed Delivery : We can usually time goods to be delivered on specific days if requested, and given enough notice although again we cannot guarantee this 100% as it is dependent on the collection, transit and delivery stages all being without unforeseen delays.
- Bad weather : snowy or icy weather typically disrupts the courier service dramatically, especially during exceptionally bad periods. Please allow for this ; you will be kept informed of any delays.
- Packaging : we make up a bespoke DoubleWall cardboard box to fit your chosen items. DW cartons also assist our couriers & therefore help us get the best prices to pass on to you. They also ensure your goods are protected from damage in most cases but in the event of damage to your item, let us know asap, or within 24 hours of delivery. Please recycle or re-use. We often use pallet wrap around the timber also in order to prevent dampness in transit or storage warping the boards.