CUSTOM RIP-CUT SERVICE – ONE RIP CUT & EDGE PLANED
SELECT ONE PRODUCT & ADD TO YOUR CART ALONG WITH THE CHOSEN WOOD PRODUCT(S) FOR EACH RIP-CUT & PLANE OR ADD 2 PRODUCTS FOR 2 CUTS ETC.
BOARD(S) WILL BE RIP-CUT AND THEN THE SAWN EDGES WILL BE PLANED STRAIGHT.
Loss of width to cutting & planing:
- The saw cut will take approx 0.5cm out of the width.
- NB boards if ripped down the centre will usually bow or spring so an extra amount of width measurement may be lost out of each half, average 0.5cm per linear metre, sometimes nothing, sometimes 1cm. This doesnt happen if waney edges are just ripped off the edge of a board, or a little taken off a square edge.
- A further 0.5cm approx will be lost in edge planing straight each half.
Instructions to give us:
- As per the example pictures below, please supply an approx image by separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org , preferably as a jpeg picture, with a fairly thick line, even if that equates to 1 to 2cm of width and we will follow that as accurately as possible.
- Measurements added can be a guide where appropriate if you are sure of the size being capable of coming out of the board. When we have transcribed your line on to the actual board we will let you know if any sizes given are inaccurate. It is not easy to scale or deduce the sizes of our website pictures & info so we expect some discrepancies.
- Use the appropriate picture of the product of our website; if you have already ordered the board it may appear to vanish off the site if it was a one-off but you can still find the sold product by entering the sku code (eg 1346a-4) into the search box.
- Measurements only and no picture guide is only acceptable information in the case of ripping boards which are already dimensioned into square edged planed all round boards, but you will still need to explain the cutting in full, describing which side of the board etc using the main product picture with the price sticker on the best face side as a reference.
Example pictures :