DELIVERY TIMES :
LATEST coronavirus STATUS UPDATE – PLEASE VIEW OUR NEWS PAGE FOR OUR MOST UP TO DATE STATUS ON ONLINE ORDERS, DELIVERIES, CUSTOMER COLLECTIONS, STORE OPENING/CLOSURES.
We will state the estimated delivery time window for UK mainland standard postcodes near the top of the product description for each product for all newly listed products.
Typically this will be 1 week for simple to box and send goods, 1-2 weeks for goods that are a bit more problematic to wrap/box or find a courier for, and 2-4 weeks is reserved for the big, awkward tabletop slabs or fragile items that need very special couriers or to be delivered by us personally, and /or extra special packaging / crating etc.
please contact us if you would like a more exact time window – but our shipping options are limited due to the size of most products’ packages being more than 1m long, and usually overweight, so the modern attractive delivery info & windows are not available from the couriers on these sizes and weights. We will do our best to estimate as closely as possible the delivery day / window and may sometimes be able to forward courier tracking info after booking and collection has taken place.
COLLECTING YOUR OWN GOODS / COLLECT IN STORE
we are very keen to encourage customers to collect their own goods that they have ordered online. You don’t need to make an appointment*, just turn up during the listed store opening hours on the Home Page. If totally unsuitable, please make an appointment for another time. *NB until further notice, during covid restrictions / all 0f 2020, please MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR COLLECTIONS.
We are happy to keep goods for up to approx 10 working days / a fortnight; if it is likely to be any longer, please make special arrangements with us.
NB we NO LONGER ACCEPT ARRANGING YOUR OWN COURIER instead of collecting personally as an option.
You can send a friend etc but the goods must be in safe hands of someone you know and trust and not at the mercy of professional couriers.
If the goods are to be delivered by courier we will arrange that with trusted couriers and appropriate packaging;
our cost and timescale for doing so reflects the true cost of doing the job properly and on our terms –
any perceived savings would be at the expense of our quality and reliability of service.
Also bear in mind our shipping cost includes our 100% money back or product replacement guarantee should anything go wrong with any delivery arranged by ourselves.
SIGNING FOR GOODS ETC :
Most goods will need a signature on delivery. THIS IS LIFTED ACROSS MOST SERVICES DURING THE COVID-19 PERIOD, so you can ignore most of the considerations re signing this page is meant to address.
Most goods will be too big or heavy to be given a time slot or no-signature options by the courier.
If you are not sure if you are going to be in please try one of the following:
- put an alternative delivery address in the delivery section at checkout.
- if your board is 115cm or less and 12kg or less let us know if you would be happy for it to go via hermes, which takes approx 3 or 4 days longer but doesnt require a signature. You can also give us a where to leave goods if out instruction. Usually we will otherwise send by tnt as it is much quicker and has a bit better tracking, but does require signature.
- boards longer than 115cm / overweght, you can instruct us to cut shorter so that they may go by 1 or 2 hermes parcels and therefore follow the above hermes route.
You will receive an email from us the day the goods are dispatched to say they are on their way. Most goods are sent out on TNT overnight next day so usually you will receive goods the day after the dispatch email. If it is a busy period or you are quite remote it is usually 2 days. Usually you will receive some additional info from the courier – TNT will text you on the morning of delivery if it is booked as out for delivery, although at very busy times that doesn’t guarantee delivery that day.
Large Boards of 295cm or longer, or 30KG and over
will usually have to be palletised or crated or otherwise carry special delivery arrangements, so expect approx a 2 to 4 week delivery time.
Unloading: Some couriers may want assistance with heavy boards, if they allow it. Most likely they will deliver to kerbside only on a pallet and not into your house etc. If we deliver personally we will also only bring the board as close as our delivery vehicle can get to your door but if it is a board of over 30kg you will need to have a sufficient team of helpers ready to unload and carry the board to wherever you want it. If the unloading area is concreted, tarmac or otherwise smooth slabbed, and flat, if advised we can bring a suitable trolley to move the board closer.
You will be contacted asap after ordering by Patrick for confirmation of these details, or feel free to enquire before ordering.
Longer boards may be cut shorter to fit a lower category and in extreme length or weight instances this may allow for a reduction in the shipping charges, on request.
Holidays / delays:
SEE THE LANARKSHIRE STORE PAGE FOR FORTHCOMING HOLIDAYS which may result in delays to dispatch and delivery times. (usually school holidays)
DELIVERY ZONE STRUCTURE & RESTRICTIONS:
ZONE A – Standard Charges UK mainland (excluding Islands etc see below) :
- Each product will show the delivery cost in the description field details
ZONE B – all UK Islands + Northern Ireland + Isle of Man+ Scottish Highlands with the following postcodes:
* IV – all postcodes
* HS – all postcodes
* KW – all postcodes
* KA 27-28
* PA 20-49, PA 60-78
* PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50
* ZE – all postcodes
* BT -all postcodes
SAME PRICE AS REST OF UK for small sizes BUT WITH SOME SIZE RESTRICTIONS for the larger boards – SEE BELOW
- Each product will show the delivery cost in the description field details (current at time of listing, put in shopping basket to confirm).
- zone B SIZE RESTRICTIONS – PLEASE NOTE ALL STANDARD COURIERS HAVE SEVERE SIZE LIMITS ON PARCELS TO THESE AREAS – usually 1.2m or 1.5m so be aware that we may have to ask you if we can cut big boards for shipping or apply a surcharge to deliver entire, if that option is available. Please select as short lengths as possible or email us with cutting to length (free of charge) instructions after ordering. Full refunds are available immediately if you are not happy with having to have boards cut or a surcharge levied. If you have a friendly island courier you can send or recommend and so negate cutting shorter, we are happy to work with you, but we will have to collaborate to ensure packaging requirements and handling standards are adhered to.
GENERAL NOTES :
- Holidays : If delivery time is likely to be longer (during holiday periods) you will be informed before goods are dispatched. Second half of July and Christmas / Hogmanay fortnight are usual holiday periods. We will post notifications on the Delivery Page and news pages.
- Package weight : No maximum total consignment weight, but each package will usually be a maximum of approx 30kgs. We can ship individual boards weighing around 40kg but you may need 2 persons to lift a package weighing over 25 kg. Very Oversize parcels can be delivered by our special handling service with a delivery time of approx 10 working days.
- Timed/ delayed Delivery : We can usually time goods to be delivered on specific days if requested, and given enough notice although again we cannot guarantee this 100% as it is dependent on the collection, transit and delivery stages all being without unforeseen delays.
- Bad weather : snowy or icy weather typically disrupts the courier service dramatically, especially during exceptionally bad periods. Please allow for this ; you will be kept informed of any delays.
- Packaging : we make up a bespoke DoubleWall cardboard box to fit your chosen items. DW cartons also assist our couriers & therefore help us get the best prices to pass on to you. They also ensure your goods are protected from damage in most cases but in the event of damage to your item, let us know asap, or within 24 hours of delivery. Please recycle or re-use. We often use pallet wrap around the timber also in order to prevent dampness in transit or storage warping the boards.