New Store Opening Hours
The Wood Shop at our Lanarkshire premises at The Wood Place, Girdwoodend Farm, will be open at the following times for 2017 – but as always check the Store Opening Hours panel on www.thewoodplace.com home page before visiting if you can in case of the odd unscheduled day of closure or holidays
Monday 10 am to 2 pm
Wednesday 5.30 pm to 8 pm
Friday 10 am to 2 pm
Saturday 10 am to 1 pm
- No appointments necessary but listed shop hours will have to be adhered to strictly this year due to other commitments.
- Patrick will almost always be available either in the store or very close by in one of the adjacent workshops at these times so you wont have to go hunting for store service as has often been the case in the past!
- Saturday mornings will continue to be the main and most welcome shop day with fresh teas, coffee & cakes on offer.
- Discounts off the website prices are almost always available to callers!
- Numerous small offcuts that are not viable to list on the website are also available at the premises shop.
- WEBSITE SHOP at www.thewoodplace.com runs alongside, with the same basic stock with free delivery and will continue to be monitored from 7.30am to 10pm or later 7 days a week all year round
- GENERAL ENQUIRIES can be made by EMAIL and will continue to be monitored and answered asap from 7.30am to 10pm or later 7 days a week all year round. Telephone or text enquiries will be answered if and when we can but generally you will get a much speedier response from Patrick by email.
Please visit and have a no-obligation browse and if you like you can buy the same stock as is on the website and a little more. All woodworkers, home builders and improvers, professional and amateur, public or trade, will be made most welcome during these times at our store on an old dairy farm in South Lanarkshire, Scotland, where Patrick Baxter has been since 1991, with an official start up date of 1st June 1992 – which makes this June our 25th anniversary – we will need to get planning something special!
We (Patrick & Rachael) are running the business ourselves these days without other staff assistance so time management and ruthless efficient organisation is crucial, hence the apparently limited store opening hours but these have been carefully arranged to allow Patrick sufficient wood production time, woodworking courses, visits to suppliers or customers and family commitments like school runs to take place smoothly around about these times. We look forward to your continued support and welcoming visitors new and regular to the premises store at The Wood Place 🙂